Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Relationships and Dating

stylengrace

Reged: 04/25/14
Hopeless
      04/25/14 06:49 PM

I've been HIV positive since I was 19 years old and as most of you can imagine and relate, dating has been my most difficult struggle that's come along with my new status. I was so young I didn't really get a chance to date "regularly" since I was diagnosed so young. It's been a constant struggle and hasn't gotten any easier. I just feel like no one understands how hard it is and that makes me feel like i'm alone. I have hope in my heart that some guy will accept me even with the HIV but my hope has been to no avail. I've had relationships where guys pretended to be ok with it only to treat me like I was a leper. I've had guys say it was ok just to use me and in the past i've been desperate and lonely enough to let it happen. Now when it meet guys it seems to be the same story. I like him, he likes me, he finds out I have HIV and almost immediately I never hear from them again. It's hard because I really don't like to tell people about my status as it is because i'm a private person, but that feeling of rejection never gets any less painful. I'm 27 now, no kids, beautiful, smart, kind, I know i'm a quality woman. I feel like the only thing holding me back is my status. At this point I just feel hopeless and depressed. Is there anyone out there who can help? Am I the only one going through this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Hopeless stylengrace 04/25/14 06:49 PM
. * Re: Hopeless tobesweet   05/15/14 05:49 PM
. * Re: Hopeless naim   04/29/14 09:59 PM
. * Re: Hopeless anotherday   04/26/14 12:18 PM
. * Re: Hopeless fnlost   04/25/14 08:56 PM
. * Re: Hopeless riverprincessModerator   04/27/14 06:50 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 930

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement