Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Relationships and Dating

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Trust issues, friendship, loneliness
      01/06/14 10:35 PM

Hi Natti, and welcome to the body website, you've found a great circle of friendship and understanding here ... please stick around!

I want to mention first regarding your situation, the need to tell ... it's not necessary, when your breaking ground on new friendships they don't need to know your medical situation unless your planning on having an intimate relationship with one of them. Don't make HIV the front of who you are, always know it's just HIV. If it accidently was brought out to friends and they can't handle it and abandon you, they weren't worth having. Good friends will repsect you and be there for you.

Let me give you a scenario, so many gay men always worry about "coming out" ... how parents will react, friends, family, work ... many of them panic to suicide even, once they come out they find it was not that big of deal, those that accept it just went on like nothing happened, those that couldn't handle it, were gone. If you have to for your own peace of mind, then disclose, but don't worry about having to do it ... if your happy with the way you are just be you!

I don't know enough detail on your relationship with the work colleague, it's hard to pass a judgement call on that one. If you are attaching your lonliness to a sexual nature, then you best come to terms and educate a little more reagrding HIV. If that guy just took advantage of the situation, hold your head high and move on, he isn't worth a second glance. The right person will come along, but as I have suggested to many people based on my own experience, find the love of yourself first, be your own best friend first ... once you have that in place many great things will come of it.

People come to people who are confident and comfortable with themselves, who respect and love themselves ... become one of those people and your lonely days will be long behind you! Many people suggest dating sites, personal ads, dating groups ... but until your ready, it's just consuming time!

You have made a great step forward though, coming to this site, we can all be really great friends here and feel free to pm and chat anytime. It's the start of netwroking and the start of you finding out who YOU are! Again welcome and look forward to hearing more about your life journey!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Trust issues, friendship, loneliness Natti 01/06/14 04:44 PM
. * Re: Trust issues, friendship, loneliness Rockharder009   03/26/14 09:06 PM
. * Re: Trust issues, friendship, loneliness jimwhoski   01/14/14 08:22 PM
. * Re: Trust issues, friendship, loneliness anotherday   01/06/14 10:35 PM
. * Re: Trust issues, friendship, loneliness riverprincessModerator   01/06/14 06:56 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2778

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement