The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Gray8872
Unregistered

Betrayal
      10/20/03 08:06 PM

In 8/2002 my boyfriend(now husband) of 2 years was diagnosed with tuberculosis. In 9/2002 he told me that his daughter's mother died form AIDS but he had no prior knowledge that she was infected. 1/2003 I found the ex-girlfriend's death certificate in my husband's personal affects. Up until now he was claiming that he was the victim and that she destroyed his life. Once we discussed the situation he confessed to having knowledge of the ex-girlfriend's status since the day that we met and that he was accused of passing on the virus to her. He kept this from me for the 2 years that we dated and for 3 months after we got married. Coming from a strong Catholic up-bringing, I stayed true to my vows of for better or worse. I truly got the worse. I tested negative. Most people would think that I should be grateful but I have alot of other issues. I have been diagnosed with Post Tramatic Stress Disorder, Chronic Panic Disorder and Hepitits C. I can not leave my house because I have lost all trust in people. If the person that you love can hurt you then what can the outside world do to you? If you don't learn anything about this disease learn that the silence can kill not just those who are infected but the spirits of those that you do not tell. I can never forgive him for what he has done to me and our family and right now this disease is controlling our lives. I am his only support system and if I leave him he will not take care of himself. This is a horrible way to celebrate your 1st year anniversary. We have become roomates. To all of you who are struggling with the question "Should I Tell?", Please tell. It is a 50/50 chance. If they leave then let them go and understand, you have a better chance with honesty that deception. Thank you for giving me an outlet for my story. If anyone has any suggestions, email me gray8872@aol.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Betrayal Gray8872 10/20/03 08:06 PM
. * Re: Betrayal Anonymous   07/15/04 07:12 PM
. * Re: Betrayal    11/05/03 08:49 PM
. * Re: Betrayal PozNeg   10/28/03 11:57 PM
. * Re: Betrayal gray8872   11/01/03 05:53 PM
. * Re: Betrayal Anonymous   10/21/03 06:07 PM
. * Re: Betrayal Kimbo   11/04/03 03:47 PM
. * Re: Betrayal    11/05/03 08:42 PM
. * Re: Betrayal Anonymous   11/06/03 10:04 PM
. * Re: Betrayal LoveIsNotAWord   11/11/03 05:58 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4319

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement