Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Anonymous
Unregistered

mom with hiv?
      08/28/03 04:51 AM

Actually I do not know if mom has it or not. We just got a visitor today, it was my moms soon to be ex-husbands sister. She informed us that he had surgery to remove a tumor and in the process they tested him. He was thin and very unhealthy and getting worse. We all thought it was because of his sickness he had. But they said he had full blown aids. He has about a month to live now, and I feel bad for him. Now though I am concerned with my mom. She was with him for a long time and I know she is at a high risk for testing hiv positive.
She also lives with me and the first thing she said was "if I have it, could I have passed it to the kids?" I told her no instantly, so dont worry about that. But kinda unsure of the exposure myself I came looking at sites and found this one. I am also looking for health sites, reading peoples stories, and after seeing this site I am really amazed. I hear the numbers of people who have hiv/aids but never really heard much about it. I mean people stories and lives. I think this site is going to be a great help to us if she does come to be hiv positive.
I admit I am still in shock and upset and my head hurts, and I know there is nothing I can do, but knowing there are more people out there who are living with this is a comfort already. And if only by the grace of God does she turn out to be negative, I think I will still come here so I can be more aware and keep myself more sensitive to other peoples lives and feelings. May God bless you all and keep you safe and well. My heart and love goes out to you all.. ((hugs))

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* mom with hiv? Anonymous 08/28/03 04:51 AM
. * Re: mom with hiv? Anonymous   08/29/03 10:36 PM
. * Re: mom with hiv? Anonymous   08/28/03 01:40 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2092

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement