The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

georgia
Unregistered

Re: my brother's late stage
      11/06/02 05:55 PM

K- thanks so much for your responses, you probably know what help it is to have an experienced ear. Something rather major that I haven't shared is that my brother (tim) is an alcoholic. Until last week, he seemed to have it more or less under control, but now that he is getting his ssi checks, and goes immediately to the bar. Tim is straight, but it was this drunken craziness that landed him in this position. He does understand that he can't have sex- (we haven't told him that its safer now that his count is up), but this doesn't stop him from treating his body like crap. As far as having at-home assistance, he turned away the home health care service person, and takes limited housekeeping help from his neighbor (who is also an alcoholic). When he first collapsed, his related infections were raging, we didn't think that he would walk again, he was close to passing. Now he is doing well- (comparitively) with the meds. He is very combative at times, he has alienated my other two brothers that live in his town, and the third that lives elsewhere. I even hung up on him yesterday. Tim does have sober friends that put up with him, and we try to keep in touch. Sounds like you were sort of lucky in that Karl kept his faculties. I hope Tim can. He was in a nursing home for two months, (under deress)and when the psych found him competent, he split, and has been unmontitored at home. so - here you have it.ugh.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* my brother's late stage georgia 10/21/02 05:05 PM
. * Re: my brother's late stage Anonymous   02/20/04 12:45 AM
. * Re: my brother's late stage Anonymous   10/22/02 11:53 AM
. * Re: my brother's late stage Karla   10/22/02 03:48 AM
. * Re: my brother's late stage georgia   11/01/02 05:09 PM
. * Re: my brother's late stage Karla   11/04/02 10:43 PM
. * Re: my brother's late stage georgia   11/06/02 05:55 PM
. * Re: my brother's late stage Karla   11/08/02 03:41 AM
. * Re: my brother's late stage Anonymous   02/12/03 04:51 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7520

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement