Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Manda284
New User

Reged: 09/20/13
Mother passed away and looking for resources for support
      09/20/13 04:19 PM

Hi al,

All my life it was just my mother and I.My mother passed away from cancer brought on by the lowered immune system. What I am having trouble with is that the hospital never told me she had it and I was her health care proxy etc. I was her sole caretaker and they never told me universal precautions while being exposed while doing caretaking. She never told me she was diagnosed , and she was diagnosed when I was 9. She passed away when I was 25. I can understand when I was young, but as I got older I wish she would have told me. I grew up in a generation that mostly understands the diagnosis does not define you. She did not tell anyone in her life, and knowing that she went through this alone ...I cant even imagine. I found out when she was diagnosed after the fact by attaining her medical records. I actually found out her diagnosis from the funeral director, which was traumatizing. I know she was trying to protect me, but in the end it didn't allow me to have closure. I am hoping to connect with people who have gone through similar situations or even people just wanting to connect. There are not a lot of support groups for families who have lost someone. Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Mother passed away and looking for resources for support Manda284 09/20/13 04:19 PM
. * Re: Mother passed away and looking for resources for support shawn55   12/11/13 11:46 PM
. * Re: Mother passed away and looking for resources for support matong   09/27/13 07:28 AM
. * Re: Mother passed away and looking for resources for support anotherday   09/22/13 11:54 AM
. * Re: Mother passed away and looking for resources for support kicker   09/20/13 05:31 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2708

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement