Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: My Partner Hid His Poz Status for Our Entire Relationship, now what?
      06/07/13 09:08 PM

Many people marry under false pretenses with what they call the "Love of their life." Whether its something as simple as he pretended to be a neat freak only to turn into a slob after marriage, to this particular situation. They all issue varying degrees of the feeling like you have been betrayed. Now since your last post on this topic you have had maybe 9-12 one hour sessions with a therapist alone. As has he from the sounds of it. Therapy doesn't work overnight, it can take months, years, decades, a life time, and sometimes never to work.

This isn't about what advice someone who has no involvement in the situation can give. This is about you feeling hurt and scared about what to do next. I think you already know the answer just want permission to do it. (What ever "it" is.) If you stay you have to wait to get your answers that may never come. If you go you will have wasted time, money, and emotions on this particular person. So really the question becomes, do YOU want to stay and work through your feelings, maybe without ever knowing his, or getting any answer that satisfies you? Or do you move on pick up the pieces and try something new?

Really the choice is you and no online advice, no support group, no therapist, no anyone can choose for you. Which way do you feel that you will be able to cope with better. Leaving or staying. Neither answer is wrong or right except to YOU. So it really isn't a matter of which will look good or bad. It's about what is healthiest for you. Take responsibility for your part in all this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My Partner Hid His Poz Status for Our Entire Relationship, now what? hurtingheart 06/07/13 07:10 PM
. * Re: My Partner Hid His Poz Status for Our Entire Relationship, now what? kicker   06/07/13 09:08 PM
. * Re: My Partner Hid His Poz Status for Our Entire Relationship, now what? Hopefulheart   12/26/13 03:40 PM
. * Re: My Partner Hid His Poz Status for Our Entire Relationship, now what? hurtingheart   06/08/13 12:57 PM
. * Re: My Partner Hid His Poz Status for Our Entire Relationship, now what? kicker   06/08/13 01:17 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2220

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement