Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Danigirl
New User

Reged: 02/19/13
Re: My Husband has HIV and never told me, now what?
      03/01/13 12:28 AM

Hello "hurtingheart",
I'm so sorry to hear of your delima. I can only imagine how hurt and confused you are right now. My husband is HIV+ as well. We just found out the end of January. So far I am negative. Like yourself, I love my husband dearly and till this day I couldn't imagine leaving him...especially now.

However, I wonder how I would feel if he did not tell me right away. I would probably be very angry and question his love for me. Because, when you love someone you try to protect them. The problem here is not that he is HIV+, but that he exposed you for so many years and like you said, took the choice out of your hands.

I am not type to give advice on whether one should leave or stay with their spouse...but I would definitely say get counceling at the least. It is reasonable to believe that he was just that afraid of how you would react and potentialy losing you that he made the wrong decision to not inform you. He obviously hasn't completly delt with his diagnosis and you could probably use the third party to help you work through this to figure out what is best for you. Good luck to the both of you.

Edited by Danigirl (03/01/13 12:30 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My Husband has HIV and never told me, now what? hurtingheart 02/28/13 03:12 PM
. * Re: My Husband has HIV and never told me, now what? Hopefulheart   12/26/13 05:27 PM
. * Re: My Husband has HIV and never told me, now what? MarkyH   05/03/13 05:00 AM
. * Re: My Husband has HIV and never told me, now what? Danigirl   03/01/13 12:28 AM
. * Re: My Husband has HIV and never told me, now what? hurtingheart   03/02/13 11:01 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5307

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement