Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: My Dad has HIV and I need some resources to help us both psychologically..
      02/27/13 07:13 PM

I am truly sorry to hear about the situation that your family is going through and yet glad that this is finally out in the open amangst yourselves. Now don't think that what I'm going to say is in any way taking your dads side, what he had been doing was most definitly wrong, no doubt about that , but the guilt and keeping this all , an inner secret , I have no doubt caused him to go even further into the madness in an effort to hide from the shame he was feeling. Being a spiritual person I'm sure you understand how hiding this can truly eat away at a persons mind as the guilt builds. So that is why I say I'm glad it been brought to the surface. But counseling is definitly in order. If he expects his family to keep this secret going then the total breakthrough will never be completed. It does become a spiritual warfare for all.Crack is a instant addictive drug that knows no boundries, I am slll glad that you got him off that crap. It is the most devastating drug ever, and I being a drug addict myself , herion ,20 years worth messed with coke and crack and it is an ugly monster that is always hunger . And the Hiv , as sad as the secret was , is a very managable thing. The next difficult thing is going to be giving forgiveness, And being a born again person , it still can be a difficult step to take. No one likes being decieved . But that is what makes true forgiveness such a beautiful spiritual thing. I hope and pray the best to all in the family . Your welcome to come talk to me if ever you need. God bless...River

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My Dad has HIV and I need some resources to help us both psychologically.. Lovinglolo 02/19/13 04:07 AM
. * Re: My Dad has HIV and I need some resources to help us both psychologically.. lilfshrmn   03/07/13 08:35 PM
. * Re: My Dad has HIV and I need some resources to help us both psychologically.. riverprincessModerator   02/27/13 07:13 PM
. * Re: My Dad has HIV and I need some resources to help us both psychologically.. roncarfl   02/27/13 10:06 AM
. * Re: My Dad has HIV and I need some resources to help us both psychologically.. Clementine   02/19/13 10:52 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4591

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement