Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Lovinlost

Reged: 11/09/12
Re: I love him but my family doesn't approve....
      11/09/12 08:22 PM

I have been right where u are now, two years ago my fiancé who was and is my best friend was diagnosed with HIV he had an affair and when he found out he had HIV he was more worried about me than himself. I was tested and was negative we have stayed together because I love him and need him in my life but my family didn't see it that way at first, they thought I was endangering myself and wanted me to stop seeing him. I became as knowledgable about HIV as I could I go to every doctors appointment he has and get tested every 3 months. We waited until we had sex (protected sex always) Until he was on medications that he could tolerate and his levels were ur detectable we did this to eliminate the risks for me, when my family saw we were doing it together and that he had many of the same fears and was making sure to do everything in his power to keep me safe they saw us in a new light. We educated all our families together and had them ask any questions they wanted being open and honest help us all build a stronger bond and except the choices we made and us as a healthy couple. Good luck please respond to me if u need any help hang in there

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I love him but my family doesn't approve.... Other 08/30/12 10:40 AM
. * Re: I love him but my family doesn't approve.... Lovinlost   11/09/12 08:22 PM
. * Re: I love him but my family doesn't approve.... max008   10/30/12 12:45 AM
. * Re: I love him but my family doesn't approve.... kicker   08/30/12 02:24 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3780

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement