Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

negativegf

Reged: 01/18/12
Sharing my story and my feelings.
      01/18/12 06:02 PM

I'm starting a relationship with a positive guy, with whom i'm desperately in love.
We've been together 5 years ago, but since we were so young (20 at the time), we didn't want to be in a serious relationship. At that time, we used to have unprotected sex, because even though we didn't want to commit, we were faithful to eachother.
After we split, he started dating this girl, who I never liked and spent 2 years with her. She knew she was positive and didn't tell him. He got infected. Here in my country it is considered a crime to infect knowingly someone that is not aware of the risks, Anyway. He almost died, at the age of 23, of a really bad pneumonia. Since then, he started his treatment and has been undetected for more than 6 months.
We started seing each other again 3 months ago, and I noticed that he was really afraid of being intimate and afraid of a possible relationship. One month ago, when I told him that I could see that he needed some time to get used to the idea of getting envolved, he sat down with me and between tears, told me he was positive. My first reaction, and i still think this way, was that it was completely ok, that I was madly in love with him and that HIV was not important and didn't make him who he is. He is the most handsome, intelligent, funniest guy I've ever met (and the best in bed also).
I do love him and do picture us married like any girly girl like me. But I'm feeling a bit overwelmed of handling this on my own, because i don't want to invade his privacy and tell any of my friends. He goes to therapy and already invited me to come to his infectologist with him, so I can ask him things. I really wanted somene to talk to, because I don't know who to speak to. Even though we try to talk about it, he's still very angry and sad about contracting HIV and always gets bummed after.
I want him to be the happiest man on earth, as I feel that I'm the happiest woman when I'm with him. How can I help him accept that it is ok and that I love him even better now that he's grown up so much because of HIV?

Thank you so much for having this website, where I'll be able to connect with other people that might feel the same as I.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Sharing my story and my feelings. negativegf 01/18/12 06:02 PM
. * Re: Sharing my story and my feelings. riverprincessModerator   01/19/12 02:37 PM
. * Re: Sharing my story and my feelings. Pos_in_Thailand   01/18/12 10:03 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1806

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement