The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

LivingByFaith84

Reged: 01/12/12
My husband is positive
      01/12/12 12:54 AM

Hello everyone. First of all I want to say that I am so thankful that there is a place where you can openly share your feelings, questions, stories..your life, with people who can relate to you. It's so encouraging.

I have been married to my husband for seven years now and we have two beautiful boys together. We meet during the summer of 2002 when I came to visit some family members and it was really love at first sight. I just knew he was the one God created for me. We dated for a year and knew we could never be apart so we decided to get married. We had our first son a year later, and had our second son fifteen months after that. Our family was complete and we couldn't be happier.

Almost two years ago, my husband confessed to having an affair and I was devastated. After going to counseling for a few months, I decided I wanted him to get tested if we were going to try and fix our marriage. Obviously he did test positive for HIV. The news was so painful and the shock instantly numbed me. At that time I hadn't tested yet and didn't know if I had it too, which I expected. The sting of the disease crushed me. I went through so many different emotions over the course of time. I was sad, mad, afraid, confused.. but when I looked into his face and saw the pain he was going through, I knew at that moment that I had to support him through this. I couldn't just walk away or crush him at the most fragile time in his life regardless of how he contracted it.

Its been a year and half since that day and its been a challenging journey. I am happy to say I am not HIV-positive thank God. Guess we are a magnetic couple! =) My husband and I are still together and are taking it a day at a time. Some days are easier than others but were trusting God to help us during this time and are focused on keeping our family together. Some family members know and so far we have had a mixed reaction out of them so we mainly stay to ourselves. I think i have researched every bit of information I can possibly get my hands on, and it seems there is still so much I need to learn. My main motivation is to keep my husband educated on how to take care of himself. What to eat, how to exercise, what vitamins to take etc. Unfortunately, I fear my husband is in denial, he won't make the changes necessary to ensure a healthy lifestyle and I am not sure how to help him. He won't work out, change his bad eating habits, sleep regularly, which I know is hard for most, but he really has to do it. At this point his viral load is very low, praise God, and he doesn't need medication. I am trying to find a support group that we could go to so he can realize hes not alone. Does anyone have any advice they can give me in what I can do to motivate him in a positive way?? Thanks for taking the time to read my story. God bless.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My husband is positive LivingByFaith84 01/12/12 12:54 AM
. * Re: My husband is positive hurtingheart   02/28/13 03:26 PM
. * Re: My husband is positive riverprincessModerator   01/14/12 04:31 PM
. * Re: My husband is positive Pos_in_Thailand   01/14/12 12:16 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1676

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement