The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

hpngandpryng

Reged: 08/28/11
My husband just tested positive for HIV
      09/20/11 08:58 PM

Thank you all for the encouragement. I do love him, I always have and always will. He started treatment immediately, and had his first round of follow up blood work, but I don't think he's had his next round and I think he has blown off his next visit with his infectous disease doctor. The stress has hit me in the joints and overwhelmed me with fatigue, but that's my body's "normal" for stress. When I try to talk to him, he shuts down. He says that we are NOT going to discuss HCV or HIV! I have a problem with this, but I'm trying to give him space. We have not told any members of our family, including children or grandchildren, about the HIV. I've been open with our immediate family of HCV. He's so embarrassed and so ashamed, and I totally understand. I work in the medical field and am still careful who I talk to about Hep C! But I wish he would talk to me about how he's feeling. We haven't talked about fear or future or anything since the first visit to the infectuous disease doctor. I'm worried about him not following up with the doctor, although he takes his meds religiously - the follow up is so important, in case treatment needs to be tweaked! He just turns it off when I try to talk to him. Thank you all for letting me talk - this is scarier to me than when I was diagnosed.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My husband just tested positive for HIV hpngandpryng 09/20/11 08:58 PM
. * Re: My husband just tested positive for HIV Pos_in_Thailand   12/28/11 01:05 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2106

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement