Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

cherrybomb13c

Reged: 07/11/11
Loc: California
love saves
      07/11/11 04:44 AM

I'm new around here, and I joined this forum because someone I love is HIV+. I met him at a rock concert my freshman year in high school and we exchanged phone numbers/myspace addresses. Over the four and a half years that I have known him, we have had some trouble; he is a recovering drug addict, and I have been a long time sufferer of depression. So, it goes to show that we both had our problems and he, in a way, has helped me grow up. A year and a half ago, he told he that he had been in love with me for years and I told him that I loved him too. Instead of starting a relationship or getting into anything intimate, he would always brush it off and say he had a date or something. Anyways, nine months ago he told me that he is HIV+ and the first thing he said to me was, "If you don't want to talk to me anymore, I understand."

It shocked me, honestly. Just because he was sick didn't make me think any differently of him. Since then he has had declining health and mental stability, and more than once he has told me that he wants to swallow a bottle of pills so he won't have to deal with it. In those moments all I say to him is, "if you need me to be your strength, I will be."

And yet, I can't get it into his head that I am with him until the end. I love him and I am very aware of the risks that being with him would bring about, but I feel like if anything, he deserves to have someone there with him. I poke around the internet often and I see forums where people talk about how it would be disgusting to be with someone who is HIV+ positive, because apparently even kissing someone can give you a death sentence. The stigma pisses me off so much. Ugh. Anyways, I joined this site because I knew I wouldn't be alone anymore in loving someone with HIV/AIDS, regardless of the risk.

-L

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* love saves cherrybomb13c 07/11/11 04:44 AM
. * Re: love saves najee   12/16/11 05:46 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1221

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement