The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Moocowmilk

Reged: 06/07/11
I need someone...
      06/07/11 01:52 PM

I started seeing a man who is 16 years older than me (I am 24 years old) just over five months ago. We live five hours apart and see each other only a couple of weekends a month. Every time we've had sex (which has probably been no more than 10-15 times), it's been unprotected with ejaculation only once from me to him in confidence that we were both disease-free. It turns out that we were wrong. After I have falling in love with this man, we both come to find that he is HIV+. He had received a call from the government telling him that he needed to be tested, for he had been listed by someone who had tested positive. He got tested and we both were extremely shocked to find that the test came back with a positive reading. The second/clarification test results were received today and it is confirmed. I am sure we both were hoping for a rare, false positive.

I am really torn up about it. Not only has our relationship been difficult with distance and difference in age and understanding, but now we have this horrible disease that causes fear in both of us. I was initially really upset, but I held strong and stayed positive. Since it's been confirmed, I've been even more upset since the initial shock. I love him so much. I am just trying to be there for him and I am trying to send him positive energy. It kills me to see that he will always be battling this.

Our last, unprotected experience was three weeks ago. I've been tested since that experience, but I know that I am not out of the clear. I'm scared - really scared. More than I was from the start. I have done all my research. I've read all that I can. I know that it's possible for us to be happy and for me to be kept safe from the disease. But I'm so angry. I'm so fucking upset! I haven't talked to my friends. We are keeping it between us for now. I just need someone out there to talk to. I need someone who can relate with me.

Is anyone out there?

J

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I need someone... Moocowmilk 06/07/11 01:52 PM
. * Re: I need someone... LivingByFaith84   01/13/12 12:08 AM
. * Re: I need someone... Tim85   06/15/11 11:55 AM
. * Re: I need someone... FranciscoJB   06/08/11 01:25 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1477

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement