The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

LuvMyBrother

Reged: 05/21/11
Just found out my brother has HIV
      05/21/11 01:10 PM

Hi everyone. My brother just told me last night that he was recently diagnosed with HIV. I have so many things running though my mind and thought i might be able to talk to someone on here because i dont want to cry to him and make him feel bad. I have alot of questions and maybe you can help me with some answers. My heart is hurting for him so bad and i dont know how to deal with this. He was living with me and my boyfriend and my daughter up until about a month ago. Should i be concerned with any of us being at risk? How can i be there for him? How do i deal with this? Please help me.. i am so lost right now.... I did talk to him for hours last night and talked to him today also. I openly asked him all the questions i was wondering and let him know that he will never be alone and I will always be here for him. I just dont know how to be there for him. Me as a curious person, am always thinking up questions and asking them but i dont want to constantly remind him of it. It is all new to me and new to him as well. he was only diagnosed about a week and a half ago. I would like to do as much research as i can about helping a loved one live with HIV and i want to reach out to other people living with the virus and get advice to give to him. I never want him to feel alone and like his life is over. What are ways that helped you cope? How can i be the best sister to him through this hard time? Just ignore it and not talk about it unless he wants to? Should i help push him to go to groups to meet other people in his same situation? Do u have any advice for him? He is a very strong person and seems to be taking it well on the outside but i just hope i can help him take it well on the inside

Edited by LuvMyBrother (05/21/11 04:52 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just found out my brother has HIV LuvMyBrother 05/21/11 01:10 PM
. * Re: Just found out my brother has HIV BlessMyBrother   05/24/11 10:06 PM
. * Re: Just found out my brother has HIV kicker   05/21/11 01:36 PM
. * Re: Just found out my brother has HIV LuvMyBrother   05/21/11 04:50 PM
. * Re: Just found out my brother has HIV willlive123   05/22/11 08:47 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3389

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement