The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

bromie

Reged: 10/26/10
Do i Stay or Go?
      10/27/10 07:31 PM

So I'm new to this site and really the whole serodiscordant relationship. My situation is a tough one, like all of them reported on this site.

I started dating my current boyfriend about 6 months ago. Things started off very casually but we rapidly grew closer and closer. Way to fast we were having sex without condoms. Two months into the relationship I went to get tested, just my usual 6 month one, and the result came back negative. My boyfriend tested later that afternoon and his results came back positive. I went completely numb when i heard. I was really numb to the situation for two reasons: One, I wanted to be something stable and strong for him since he was having a really hard time coping with the news; and two, cause I honestly had no idea how to cope with the news myself. I've been back both at month 3 and 5 of our relationship to be retested and its come back negative again.
After his results sex was difficult, we've been working our way back to being intimate again but this time with condoms. I top primarily now though I have bottomed in the past. The only reason I bring this up is to say that I'm pretty sure I've been safe as possible which brings me to my issue.

I love the guy, I honestly do. But I also want kids, I also don't want to contract HIV, and I want to feel comfortable with my partner intimately. I have all of these questions about what're correct practices, whats my chances of contracting HIV, what are my chances of ever adopting a child, let alone the idea of serogacy. Now that he's starting to feel more comfortable about his situation, I'm starting to be able to look inside and ask, am i actually prepared for this? Can I handle this? We're trying to get into counseling because I really don't just want to throw a great relationship away but any advice that anyone has I would really appreciate.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Do i Stay or Go? bromie 10/27/10 07:31 PM
. * Re: Do i Stay or Go? JDCinSeattle   11/11/10 03:19 PM
. * Re: Do i Stay or Go? PieMan   11/09/10 06:19 PM
. * Re: Do i Stay or Go? Lizh1   11/08/10 02:22 PM
. * Re: Do i Stay or Go? Tee78   11/01/10 12:04 AM
. * Re: Do i Stay or Go? JDCinSeattle   11/11/10 03:25 PM
. * Re: Do i Stay or Go? bromie   11/02/10 06:37 PM
. * Re: Do i Stay or Go? JDCinSeattle   11/11/10 03:28 PM
. * Re: Do i Stay or Go? Tee78   11/11/10 08:19 PM
. * Re: Do i Stay or Go? bartlebyAdministrator   10/28/10 01:58 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5011

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement