Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

VAmberwaves7
New User

Reged: 06/03/10
I just found out today my cousin has aids
      09/08/10 05:29 PM

My second cousin moved in with. He told me his brother was sick and in the hospital. I was like what with and he was telling me the symptoms and I was just thinking about the site and what I have read about hiv/aids and I asked my cousin. "Has he ever had unprotected sex?" "Has he ever been tested for HIV?" And my cousin said he didn't know, because what I know about my other cousin he is a very nice looking guy and I know his quite a ladies man.

Well he went into the hospital and and said my other cousin just had chicken pox. I kind of found that suspicious, but I dismissed it and was like "Ok."

Than today my mother told me my other cousin does indeed have full-blown advanced aids. My cousin the one who is living with me didn't want to tell me because he knew I would be upset. My cousin is in the hospital and fighting Meningitis which is making his brain swell. The doctor said that even though they may get that under control that he probably wouldn't have that long to live. He is only I think just 23. I don't know how, he must of been sexually active when he was very young and not used protection. My mother kind of made me mad, and wondered if he was a closet homosexual still kind of thinking aids was a gay disease. If he is or isn't, doesn't really matter he got it not practicing safe-sex.

My cousin told me that they are putting him in some type of placement because he is living with his sister and mother. Plus his sister is having a baby and his full-blown advanced aids highly contagious?

I'm just terribly sad, because I grew up around my cousins a lot and I remember playing with them and although we grew apart I still love seeing them. Now the doctors say he doesn't have long to live at all and preparing him for death, and he is just a freaking kid. This makes me want to check myself more, because I had a scare myself, but I tested negative I'm pretty safe, but I had a boyfriend that lied about being tested.Never again will I think precariously about having sex without protection even though a guy said he did unless you can know for sure with seeing papers. It's just never in my life I thought I would have a family member be affected by aids, I am very sadden and haven't eaten anything all day. You are all very brave people who live with this disease

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I just found out today my cousin has aids VAmberwaves7 09/08/10 05:29 PM
. * Re: I just found out today my cousin has aids laurel   09/16/10 01:10 AM
. * Re: I just found out today my cousin has aids bartlebyAdministrator   09/09/10 05:24 PM
. * Re: I just found out today my cousin has aids VAmberwaves7   09/09/10 06:04 PM
. * Re: I just found out today my cousin has aids VAmberwaves7   09/11/10 02:28 AM
. * Re: I just found out today my cousin has aids bartlebyAdministrator   09/16/10 02:31 PM
. * Re: I just found out today my cousin has aids Jackie__Blue   09/08/10 06:28 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5193

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement