The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

brighteyes7213

Reged: 06/01/09
My Uncle has just been diagnosed with AIDS
      06/01/09 03:12 PM

My Uncle has been sick for quite some time. He got pnuemonia and he went into the hospital. There they told him that he has not only pnuemonia but his liver has completely failed and the he has full blown AIDS. They think that he has had it for 4 years due to how advanced it is. He is a insulin dependant diabetic as well. He is currently in the hospital but they will be discharging him within the next couple of weeks and he will be on diability for the rest of his life.

I have always been very close to him and this is very hard for me to deal with. He is only 42 and most likely got it from a past partner. He lives about a 4 hour drive away but within a week of finding out I went to visit him. I try to call him as much as possible. He seems to be in good spirits.

I am having trouble dealing with all this. It is hard because I am not sure how long he has. He has so many things going on it scares me. Also I have had to take time off of work to visit him... it was a last minute trip. I work in a small office and I simply told them he was very ill... I am not ashamed of him or the fact he has AIDS but I don't know if it something I need to share with everyone... do you think I should be honest with my coworkers?

And my Uncle is not really telling us if he is expected to survive very long and if so how long... he cannot take most of the meds he needs due to his liver failure... what can I expect for him? What can I do?

Please help...

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My Uncle has just been diagnosed with AIDS brighteyes7213 06/01/09 03:12 PM
. * Re: My Uncle has just been diagnosed with AIDS allangering   09/30/09 08:18 AM
. * Re: My Uncle has just been diagnosed with AIDS brighteyes7213   08/13/09 06:25 PM
. * Re: My Uncle has just been diagnosed with AIDS oldwoman   08/17/09 10:08 AM
. * Re: My Uncle has just been diagnosed with AIDS Robert1   06/08/09 05:34 PM
. * Re: My Uncle has just been diagnosed with AIDS bnagayguy   06/06/09 05:11 PM
. * Re: My Uncle has just been diagnosed with AIDS oldwoman   06/01/09 08:28 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8178

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement