Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

dfwjeep

Reged: 04/19/07
Loc: Dallas, Tx
Re: I need some help understanding!
      02/19/09 09:56 AM

Hey Proxy,
My story is SO close to yours. Of course I don't know your age, but you or your ex are certainly welcome to contact me anytime. I am in my 60's and was diagnosed 9 years ago. My ex (best friends as well) divorced 13 years ago. You don't need to cry, your ex should be fine if he just sticks with his meds...I have been undetectable for 99% of the last 9 years. You being his friend and understanding what he is going through is the best medicine in the world, and of course his kids. Mine were 22, 24, and 28 at the time.

When I told my ex and my youngest son, my son just cried and cried. I told him not to worry, I said "you never know, I could outlive you". Little did I know that statement would hurt me more than my HIV ever has. He was murdered 6 months later. My only consolation is that I knew he loved me and he knew I loved him.

Kids have a way of understanding and accepting things. Just have a talk with them with you and your ex and get things out in the open. As I said...you and/or your ex are welcome to email me anytime you want, I'm not a professional counsler or anything, but a very understanding person and would gladly communicate with either or both of you any time. Especially your ex....I would like him to know he has plenty of future, and of course you need not to worry so much about him. Oh..and my ex was diagnosed with cancer last year....you just never know.

+ in Garland
dfwjeep2001@yahoo.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I need some help understanding! proxywife 02/16/09 09:43 AM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! sbev1981   03/22/09 12:14 PM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! dfwjeep   02/19/09 09:56 AM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! sick_of_fuckwits   02/16/09 11:20 AM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! sick_of_fuckwits   02/19/09 08:22 AM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! Hans   02/18/09 11:57 PM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! sick_of_fuckwits   02/19/09 02:38 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5974

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement