Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

sick_of_fuckwits
Master

Reged: 01/26/09
Re: I need some help understanding!
      02/19/09 02:38 AM

One contractor lives! :yawn:

Dude, if you don't want to believe what I have to say about living with HIV, or feel that it is somehow devalued - simply because I don't believe in a bunch of improbable myths that seem to be the root cause of most of the pain, evil and prejudice I see in the world - then that is entirely up to you and no skin off my nose.

I do however note that more people have died an untimely death in the name of your God of love than have died of AIDS - or indeed anything else .. and that science has produced far more 'miracles' than your God of love ever has.

Not a single day passes when, in order to maintain a vestige of credibility to its followers, organised religion doesn't have to make some sort of concession to science. When has science ever had to make a single concession to religion (when such a concession didn't involve an implement of torture or mass destruction)?.

Perhaps you think I should thank your God of love for HIV. Perhaps that is why I see so many people who are torn apart by the belief that they are HIV-positive because your God of love is punishing them. Well, if that is true and Jesus died for me, then I am going one better and dying for your God of love - and then we will be all square.

In the meantime - rather than resort to living in fear of the omnipresent (yet strangely deaf, dumb and blind) supernatural, and submitting to alleged divine authority derived from not very interesting works of fiction - I will believe in chance, evolution and natural selection, and live my life according to principles that affirm the dignity and worth of ALL people. Which way of life do you really think is the more loving, fulfilling and compassionate .. and is that why I am happy and content, whilst you aren't?

Now, lovely as this little tęte ŕ tęte is, I am sure that even you (and your God of love) will be forced to accept that none of this has anything at all to do with the matter in hand and does nothing to help proxy understand what her ex is going through; so, if you really feel the need to discuss this further, kindly start a new discussion and we can do battle there.

--------------------
There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I need some help understanding! proxywife 02/16/09 09:43 AM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! sbev1981   03/22/09 12:14 PM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! dfwjeep   02/19/09 09:56 AM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! sick_of_fuckwits   02/16/09 11:20 AM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! sick_of_fuckwits   02/19/09 08:22 AM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! Hans   02/18/09 11:57 PM
. * Re: I need some help understanding! sick_of_fuckwits   02/19/09 02:38 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6163

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement