Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

babygirl6

Reged: 11/20/08
I want to forgive my husband
      11/20/08 05:53 AM

Help me, l need to find the courage to forgive and forget.

I have gone through many posts on this forum and it seems as if l am not the only in this situation. However, even though, we might have the same story, l would like to know how other people in the same situation as me, have found the courage to forgive their spouses and make their marriage work.

This is my story:
My husband of 5yrs found that he was hiv+ but did not disclose to me for about 6 months. His health was deteriorating that l proposed on many occasions that we get tested. And as usual, all the times he would refuse to go for hiv tests.

I found out by mistake, there were some tablets that he was taking and l happened to come across the name on the internet. Even when l asked about the tablets, he went on again to lie saying that there were antibiotics for his stomach pains. After giving him evidence of printouts from the internet thatís when he finally said there were antiretros.

Now its 9 months after l found out, l have tested negative and am still with him. I love him very much and l donít want to lose him.

Whats getting me through is SILLY THOUGHTS: if l leave him, l cannot bear the thought of him having another wife and maybe living in the house that we bought together. And if l leave him, what if l get another man who has lots of secrets than my husband. We have struggled a lot to get what we have now and also blessed with a wonderful child before all this.

Our sex life now we are using condoms, surprisingly, itís the best l have ever had.

If its love, why can l not forgive and forget why he did not disclose his status?

If its love, why is it sometimes everything if fine and suddenly l feel betrayed and angry?

How did other people deal with anger, forgiveness and betrayal and how did they make their marriage work.

Edited by babygirl6 (03/04/09 03:33 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I want to forgive my husband babygirl6 11/20/08 05:53 AM
. * Re: I want to forgive my husband fluffygurl   02/14/12 11:06 PM
. * Re: I want to forgive my husband riverprincessModerator   02/18/12 08:50 AM
. * Re: I want to forgive my husband vasco   10/08/09 07:42 AM
. * Re: I want to forgive my husband allangering   10/08/09 05:07 AM
. * Re: I want to forgive my husband katherineD   12/10/08 04:50 PM
. * Re: I want to forgive my husband magneticmama   12/01/08 05:20 AM
. * Re: I want to forgive my husband Bear60   11/22/08 11:44 AM
. * Re: I want to forgive my husband Lifelost   11/20/08 05:36 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6604

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3

Advertisement