Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Carrie
Fanatic

Reged: 11/11/07
Neighbor has been given her "time remaining"...
      09/14/08 12:09 AM

To start off, if any of you remember, I married a poz man while I am neg. We have a friend who lives nextdoor that we met when we moved in. Over the past 6 months, she and I got alot closer and talked about things more. I knew she had Hep C and was going threw treatments, but then my husband told me that she was also HIV Poz. I cried. I didn't know what to do. The two closest people in my like have HIV and one is going to be dying soon. This was about two months ago.

Well tonight she told me that her liver has been really bad, and her last treatment option she went threw last week had failed. She then said that the Dr. gave her the "time remaining" (she didn't tell me what it was, nor did I ask). She said she feels like something is wrong, and her stomach is already starting to lbe bloated, while she is normally fairley flat stomached.

My point is that I don't know what to do, say, how to react or what to feel. My husband spoke as if it didn't bother him. I almost started balling. My husband told me that when they give you the "time remaining", it means that you usually have 6 months or less to live. ARE YOU SERIOUS? She has an 18 year old son who's gone kicked out of the Army for drugs and is rebelling against his Mom. She also has a 7 year old daughter that has the same name as my daughter, is only a year younger than my daughter, and is best friends with my daughter. The daughter seems to be clueless, so I respect that and don't talk about anything in front of her. They have friends an hour away that the little girl spend every weekend with. Her Aunt I think, or a good family friend. Wil she go live there? Will my daughter loose her best friend and the only good kid in our bad neighborhood? Or will the daughter stay here with the Mom's boyfriend?

I'm confused and don't know what to do. Can someone help me with how I should react or feel? I told her that if she ever needs a ride, a babysitter or just wants to hang out, I'm always available. Should I stay back or help more? Please help me out. Thank you very much.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Neighbor has been given her "time remaining"... Carrie 09/14/08 12:09 AM
. * Re: Neighbor has been given her "time remaining"... Bear60   09/14/08 02:20 PM
. * Viral Load of 6 Carrie   09/15/08 01:08 AM
. * Re: Viral Load of 6 EJB   09/21/08 09:10 PM
. * Re: Viral Load of 6 oldwoman   09/21/08 07:21 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4872

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement