Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

killiansdad

Reged: 06/29/08
My partner is having a tough time
      06/30/08 12:07 AM

hello everyone

My partner is positive and has been struggling for some time with depression and stress. He learned he was positive early in our relationship, and although it has been challenging at times, we love each other very much. I am not positive, and frequently get tested.

The thing is, he does not believe in HIV meds. For a few years after his test results, he refused to seek any sort of medical treatment. I have basically begged him to talk to any medical professional, and only this year did he do so. He still does not want to take any meds, and talks about taking a strictly holistic approach.

We have been seeing a couples counselor on and off for the last 2 years, and through that I have come to the understanding that I will respect his choices and encourage whatever course he decides.

I guess I'm reaching out tonight, to those who are fighting this themselves or to those who support their loved ones living with HIV. I would like to help my partner anyway I can. I love him, and being positive can't change that.

Thank you all,
KD

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My partner is having a tough time killiansdad 06/30/08 12:07 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2134

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement