Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Sarbed

Reged: 02/26/06
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma
Back again its been 2 years
      06/02/08 01:16 AM

Hello everyone, its been a minute, since 2006 to be exact. Well, alot has happened. I divorced my husband for not telling me he was positive since 82, also he was smoking rock. Last time I posted I was working on forgiveness and he was relapsing from the 4th time he'd been to treatment. Then he got really sick -- living in a rock house, sleeping on the floor, blood clots, he couldn't walk, cd4 down to 7. I relented went to see him in the hospital but had him sent to an AIDS nursing home. He spent a year there, getting clean again, medicine for depression, bipolar, cd4 back up to 294. Almost undetectable. He is home again for the past month and so far so good.

At any rate, life is good. Several years alone made me really strong and very self sufficient. Work and spending time with my grandbabies and puppies. Read alot and dig in the yard. plants are so fun.

Whatever happens is in God's hands and whatever happens will be in the best interest both I believe. At any rate things are looking up and it is nice to have him home. I never stopped loving him or caring about him. I had to stay clean myself and can't let anyone take me down. I suppose my mate is gay, he used to be a male prostitute, his hiv counselor had him tell me, no more secrets. It really doesn't matter much to me. He'll be my friend to the end however long we have. His family has pretty much completely rejected him, I'm about all he's got so he better make it count.

Otherwise he'll have to go back to the nursing home and die alone there.

I rented out the back bedroom to a fella---he does the yard work and stuff that Jerrie is still not strong enough to do, plus it makes the car payment, I just bought a new one. Got to have a good car our hiv docs are in the capitol. One problem with him having been in the nursing home is he got used to having his laundry done, food cooked---I can't do all of that, so I had to get on him some tonight. Everyone has to do their share of work around here, I'm not the maid.

Well its getting late, I guess I'm going to go curl up in the bed around him, he's asleep already. Gotta go to work in the morning, its Monday! YUCK.

--------------------
Debra Sims

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Back again its been 2 years Sarbed 06/02/08 01:16 AM
. * Re: Back again its been 2 years Choosing2Liv   06/11/08 04:28 PM
. * Re: Back again its been 2 years vasco   06/06/08 02:14 PM
. * Re: Back again its been 2 years Bear60   06/02/08 04:08 PM
. * Re: Back again its been 2 years mrs_bellavontee   06/05/08 11:22 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3735

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement