The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

megan

Reged: 04/19/08
i love my mother but......
      04/19/08 09:37 AM

So this will be my first time posting, and i figured what better place to vent and ask for advice than people like me who kinda know what i'm going through.So here's my story and any one who has advice they would like to share please feel free. I'm 21 years old, in my whole life span i've known my mother about 6 years, she's battled with drugs her whole adult life and i got put on hold most of those years.Here's the catch though, she's been imprisoned now for about 4 years, We'll right before she was put in prison she contracted HIV (not really sure how, and don't really care)Now she is on the verge of getting released and has nowhere to go. I told her there was a possibility that she could come stay with me for a little while if she was serious about getting/staying clean.The only thing is that my fiance isn't really too fond of the idea considering we have a one year old son, and he is concerned for his health......So i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I would love to build a relationship with my mother but i don't want to lose the relationship i already have with my fiance.

To all who read: thanks for the vent time

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* i love my mother but...... megan 04/19/08 09:37 AM
. * Re: i love my mother but...... QueenNichele   04/25/08 11:50 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2726

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement