The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Monchhichi
Regular

Reged: 02/07/05
Loc: Florida
Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed...
      04/03/08 03:49 AM

I have been with my husband going on 11 years. He has AIDS. "In the blink of an eye" will be a catchphrase you use quite often. Yes, find support groups (I personally have never done that just because his doc and mine feel I am handling it well, to each his own), keep up with his health by going to appointments with him. Will the future be comfortable and healthy? No. As simple as that. You are going to have some days that scare the living hell out of you. You will also have MANY days that feel like heaven on Earth. I am negative by the way. Get tested every six months while in this relationship. Make sure you laugh often, you never know when that moment comes that the laughter will stop momentarily. Hospital stays...make them memorable and as fun as can be. A hint to get the nurses to treat you like gold, (especially if he is a repeat visitor to that hospital) when it is time to go home (and if you have the money)buy cookies and stuff like that with a thank you card. EVERYONE remembers my husband and caters to him when he is in. We now just bring the goodies with us and give it to them during our stay. I stay with him the whole time he is in. The biggest thing I can tell you...when things are good take a long deep breath and enjoy it...if this is truly what you want to do then do it with your whole heart. If you can't put your whole heart into it walk away before you break his heart. He will know you are not 100% invested. I wish the both of you luck and you are in my thoughts.

--------------------
Never forget: Life is too precious to take for granted.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* In a blink of an eye- my world changed... evenstephen 03/31/08 05:42 PM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... cllongwell   04/10/08 11:29 PM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... Monchhichi   04/03/08 03:49 AM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... evenstephen   04/03/08 05:53 PM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... Monchhichi   04/03/08 08:09 PM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... Florida69   04/03/08 08:48 AM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... Choosing2Liv   04/02/08 10:28 AM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... oldwoman   04/01/08 05:33 PM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... evenstephen   04/02/08 06:05 PM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... mdprdu   06/03/08 05:14 AM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... Jackie__Blue   06/03/08 06:21 AM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... franktimer55   02/27/09 09:30 PM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... mdprdu   06/04/08 04:54 AM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... Jackie__Blue   06/04/08 08:26 AM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... mdprdu   06/04/08 11:16 AM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... Jackie__Blue   06/04/08 11:45 AM
. * Re: In a blink of an eye- my world changed... mdprdu   06/04/08 12:05 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12673

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement