Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Reged: 02/19/08
Caring for a person with HIV
      03/22/08 11:55 AM

When I found out the disabled adult living in my home had HIV this was a shock. But over time this went away and it was not a big deal. Sometimes it gets hard making sure the person takes all of their medication. I think they are up to 15 to 20 pills a day now. They take medication for a few things. Thr HIV tends to slow the person down over time and they will get sick every now and then. This is due to not taking the medication. I have to watch them and sometimes make them take their pills. I think many disablled adults do not understand HIV. I know the person in my home wishes they did not have it. Many times they say their life is destroyed. You just have to push the person up and their day gets better. There should be support groups for disabled adults who have HIV so they can meet people like themself. There is not anything like this in Charlotte. It has been a few years since they have been diagnosed and this year they got sick a few more times. Sometimes they throw up in the bathroom or their room and I have to clean it up. That sometimes gets old but I work through it. I am not sure what to expect as time goes bye but hopefully things will get better and the person will stay in good health.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Caring for a person with HIV 28262 03/22/08 11:55 AM
. * Re: Caring for a person with HIV megan   04/19/08 09:44 AM
. * Re: Caring for a person with HIV Choosing2Liv   03/27/08 04:16 PM
. * Re: Caring for a person with HIV AIDS2HIV   03/28/08 07:46 AM
. * Re: Caring for a person with HIV vasco   03/26/08 06:08 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5062

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement