Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

RedDirtGirl

Reged: 01/12/08
My boyfriend got his latest blood work results
      02/26/08 04:49 PM

Hi everyone,

My man and I have been doing very well together. He is the love of my life!

You may remember I posted a few weeks ago about the fact that his CD4's were at 90 and his viral load undetectable. Well, about 3 months ago his doc switched his meds and just last week he had bloodwork done. I've been really nervous waiting on the results that finally came in today.

His viral load is still undetectable and his CD4's are now at 108. doc said he was disappointed they hadn't climbed higher but the way I see it at least they didn't drop 20 points, right?

So, I'm wondering, is it encouraging that his CD4's climbed almost 20 points or do they fluctuate like that in general on a daily basis?

Also, he's not on any type of antibiotics or other meds, just the Sustiva. Shouldn't he be on some meds to ward off opportunistic infections? His doc is a small town doc and I'm starting to think he needs to maybe get in with someone a little more up on things perhaps. Then again, all this HIV information is very new to me so I could be completely wrong.

Also, his viral load remaining undetectable - does this mean the virus is NOT replicating and not causing damage?

When I went to the doctor with him he told me that his viral load being undetectable makes it extremely unlikely that he will pass the virus to me ... as long as we use condoms of course. But then I read somewhere online that viral load can change over the course of the day and can be higher in semen than in blood thus making an "undetectable" viral load insignificant to the ammount of risk involved to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and tell my friends here that all is good ... and thanks to all of you who PM'ed me. Your messages are a lifeline for me during some anxious times.

I'm so happy to have found this site!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My boyfriend got his latest blood work results RedDirtGirl 02/26/08 04:49 PM
. * Re: My boyfriend got his latest blood work results sunflower   03/08/08 12:25 PM
. * Re: My boyfriend got his latest blood work results Monchhichi   02/26/08 07:35 PM
. * Re: My boyfriend got his latest blood work results franfrog   02/27/08 10:46 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4961

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement