Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Carrie
Fanatic

Reged: 11/11/07
HIV & STD's
      01/28/08 06:01 PM

My boyfriend who is poz was just at a dr appointment today because of a large growing lump they think is cancer in his lungs, and they suggested he also get tested for syphilis. He freaked and left the dr without having the tests for the lump or the blood tests for the STD done. He text me saying he was going to go look for a joint to smoke then veg out for the next few days, and talked about how all he wanted to do was die. I sent him numerous messages about how much I love him, and threw the power of God, prayer and love, we'd make it threw this all TOGETHER. I told him that this isn't going to make me leave him, and if anything it would make me get even closer to him. Turns out he ended up going to two recovery meetings, then met up with a friend for lunch. Fortunately since we're 2 hours away from each other, he's got great friends that he can turn to and talk to about anything.

I did some looking on the internet, and his symptoms that he has had over the past few months finally make sense, and looks like it puts him into stage 2 or 3 of syphilis.

Does anyone else have suggestions on how I can talk to him about all of this? We're very open with each other, use protection every time with sex, and keep open minds with each other. I keep reminding him that I'm always here for him, even though it's hard with our 2-hour time difference. Life is getting very stressful for me since I'm dealing with my own life issues plus his, but I refuse to give up on him. There's times I wanna scream out, "I HAVE MY OWN PROBLEMS TOO!!!", but I hold it back. I'm looking into seeing a therapist to talk to, but this site seems to help me the best.

Does anyone have any experience with HIV and STD's such as syphilis? Or have any recommendations on how I can stay unselfish during times like these?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV & STD's Carrie 01/28/08 06:01 PM
. * Re: HIV & STD's whocanfigure   01/31/08 12:51 AM
. * Re: HIV & STD's oldwoman   01/28/08 08:05 PM
. * Re: HIV & STD's Carrie   01/28/08 11:05 PM
. * Re: HIV & STD's Jackie__Blue   01/28/08 06:34 PM
. * Re: HIV & STD's Carrie   01/28/08 11:34 PM
. * Re: HIV & STD's Monchhichi   01/30/08 01:30 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5946

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement