Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

RedDirtGirl

Reged: 01/12/08
New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question
      01/12/08 09:46 AM

Hi everyone -

About 2 months ago I met a man that I was extremely physically attracted to. If I could have built the perfect man for me physically, this was him. :) We had a great first date and several casual coffee dates and long talks on the phone over which time I came to find myself just as attracted to him as a whole person. Everything about us really just clicked and the feelings are mutual. I've never felt happier, safer or more comfortable with a man in my entire life than I do with him.

On our 2nd official "date" (after the coffee dates and lots of phone conversations) he disclosed to me that he is HIV+. He said he felt that he could really fall for me and didn't want to take things any further with me without being completely honest. This was of course, a huge shock - completely unexpected. I told him I felt that we have the potential for a really good thing between us and that I want to move forward with him. Since then we have spent time together every day and he treats me like no other man ever has. I realize that the whole relationship is very new and we have a lot to learn about each other. Sexually we are taking things VERY slowly. The fact that he is HIV+ brings up so many heavy things to think about and puts our relationship in a category that is far from casual.

Beyond the first fears/concerns I have for myself about safe sex and my staying negative I've begun to really think about the fact that he is seriously ill and what kind of a future we can have together. I've gone to a Dr.'s appointment with him during which we discussed the specifics. He has been + for 25 years. He is currently taking Sustiva once a day. His viral load is undetectable - his CD4's have been as low as 1 and are currently at 90. I know I could have asked the Dr while we were at the appointment but I couldn't bring myself to ask this in front of him. Basically, with his CD4's having been so low and now still quite low and having been infected for such a long time, realistically, what kind of expectations can we have as far as how well he can be expected to do with his health?

After writing and rereading this it almost seems a very selfish question - I hope not to offend anyone. I'm just really feeling I may have met the "man of my dreams" in him and I want to go into this with my eyes wide open.

Edited by RedDirtGirl (01/12/08 09:57 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question RedDirtGirl 01/12/08 09:46 AM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question mamaG   02/15/08 10:33 AM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question suziq   01/29/08 10:41 PM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question RedDirtGirl   02/13/08 03:41 PM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question Choosing2Liv   02/13/08 05:05 PM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question Monchhichi   02/14/08 12:43 AM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question Bear60   01/18/08 12:42 PM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question Monchhichi   01/18/08 01:49 AM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question Bear60   01/12/08 10:51 AM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question RedDirtGirl   01/12/08 11:29 PM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question RedDirtGirl   01/13/08 09:09 AM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question Bear60   01/13/08 04:17 PM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question RedDirtGirl   01/14/08 08:40 AM
. * Re: New boyfriend is HIV+ - I'm negative with question sunflower   01/16/08 10:08 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9617

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement