The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Carrie
Fanatic

Reged: 11/11/07
HIV side effects? (heart attacks & seizures)
      12/04/07 01:55 AM

I'm starting to post more here, and hope I'm not bothering anyone by it. I'm just looking to get further educated.

Anyways, my 33 year old boyfriend is pos and I who am 27 are neg. We've been talking about having a baby (in another post) but another issue has come up. A month ago he had a heart attack and has been dealing with continuous chest pains. Well tonight he had a seizure while at a friends house. They called 911 and had him taken to the hospital where they did a CT scan on his head to see what happened. So far nothing has turned up.

He is a recovering addict who got infected either from unprotected sex or from IV Meth use (he's not exactally sure). We are both aware that his previous using caused damage, but I'm really getting concerned that his HIV status is kind of in like a faster process. He was diagnosed this past summer and his numbers are undetectable (from what I understand, that's a good thing). But with the HIV status, the previous drug use, the heart attack, continuous chest pains and now the seizure, I'm worrying that his body is in kind of like a fast forward process. Like it's infecting him faster. Does that make sence?

We're both learning more and more about his status every day, but all of these things combined together are scaring me to death. And since we want to have a baby, is it better to do it sooner rather than wait untill he gets sicker (I know that's negative thinking)?

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions or comments for me. Thank you very much.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV side effects? (heart attacks & seizures) Carrie 12/04/07 01:55 AM
. * Re: HIV side effects? (heart attacks & seizures) Bear60   12/04/07 11:13 AM
. * Re: HIV side effects? (heart attacks & seizures) Carrie   12/05/07 12:21 AM
. * Re: HIV side effects? (heart attacks & seizures) oldwoman   12/05/07 08:18 AM
. * Re: HIV side effects? (heart attacks & seizures) Bear60   12/05/07 03:46 PM
. * Re: HIV side effects? (heart attacks & seizures) Carrie   12/05/07 11:00 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7051

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement