Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

ameoli

Reged: 06/20/07
Newbie here ~
      06/20/07 10:57 PM

Hello ~

My father was diagnosed about 14 months ago, and that's when he told us that he's been actively gay for over 20 years. (I think having his last parent dying 6 months prior may have had something to do with his coming out as well;) Anyway, he is not yet on meds, but his numbers have steadily declined since diagnosis and the new numbers today are not good at all ~ cell count 315, viral load 94,000. I am glad to have found this website. My husband makes sympathetic noises, but I can tell he feels weird about it. My sister always says she can't talk about it, because the kids are around, or she's busy, or whatever.......she's really uncomfortable with the whole thing. When our parents divorced, my sister lived with our dad and I lived with our mom (and her female partner, for 5 years) on opposite sides of the state. I'm now 37, have 3 kids, and my dad recently moved to a nearby town. We have an actual relationship for the first time ever ~ we talk on the phone almost daily, take walks together several times a week ~ and now this...........

Anyway, when my dad moved he got a new doc. The old doc told him to wait as long as possible to start meds, and the new one has wanted him on meds since she first saw him 6 months ago. My dad has friends who've had the virus for many years without need of meds, so he's reluctant and confused. And a bit apathetic, and prone to gallows humor.

So, that's my introduction. I hope to find comfort, advice and friendship on this board.....and be able to give those things in return. Take care all,

Lisa

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Newbie here ~ ameoli 06/20/07 10:57 PM
. * Re: Newbie here ~ thevillebear   07/12/07 12:29 PM
. * Re: Newbie here ~ Robert1   07/11/07 05:28 PM
. * Re: Newbie here ~ Jenni   07/07/07 08:07 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4709

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement