The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Emily77

Reged: 10/09/06
My sister
      10/09/06 01:08 AM

My dear, sweer sister was diagnosed with HIV just this last spring, and I'm very, very sad. Apparently she was doing needle drugs for a while, and what I'm thinking happened was she used a dirty needle. She is uninsured, and so receives most of her treatment at a free clinic for HIV and AIDS sufferers. It's very, very hard for me to watch what she's going through and I cry every night. We used to go on long walks together as teenagers before she got involved with an abusive man who wouldn't let her out of the house. Well, she left that man but now she can't go out of the house most of the time because she feels to weak and tired.She looks terrible, and I am afraid she's dying. It seems like her entire life has been full of hardship and suffering, either from severe depression, an abusive husband, and losing her son to the abusive husband because she's convinced having her son around would traumatize him. I said I'd help raise him, but she is afraid for him to see how sick she really is. But now, her husband won't allow anyone to see him, and if she does get to visit it's only after she fights with him and calls repeatedly. She just doesn't have the energy to do that right now.
To make matters worse, she has a small brain tumor. It's very vascular but so far, it hasn't grown. I'm so afraid it will, though.
I love her so much, and I feel so helpless. I wish I could take away those fevers and the weakness and give it to the man who beat her and convinced her for many years that she's good for nothing.
I sound so bitter, and for that I apologize. But sometimes the sadness overwhelms me and all I can do is write about it and cry.
I'm glad to have found this place, though. At least there's some place to go where where people understand. I'm glad to meet you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My sister Emily77 10/09/06 01:08 AM
. * Re: My sister Brother_has_AIDS   08/11/07 08:25 PM
. * Re: My sister Genevieve Red   10/16/06 02:22 AM
. * Re: My sister river   10/15/06 11:39 AM
. * Re: My sister Survivor   10/09/06 08:57 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4218

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement