The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Thinking
Unregistered

Dating an HIV positive man
      09/26/06 08:12 PM

I'm female and negative (to best of my knowledge). We've known each other 7 or 8 years but only recently started seeing each other outside of our normal circles. We'd always kidded around about taking it further and he would say we have a lot of talking to do. Anyway, he finally told me he was positive and he would understand if I said no way. I'm sorry to ramble on like this but I want to consider this. We have always this incredible communication and I do love this man. We kissed after he told me and we talked A LOT. And we've kissed plenty more since then (I knew enough to know that particular kissing myth about HIV is a bunch of crap). I am trying to learn everything I can about this so I can make a proper decision. I haven't been tested myself in at least 2 years and while I don't think I am, I still feel I should get tested myself before we are intimate (we're going together October 6th) because I've read about reinfection (sorry if that's not the right term) and that would be no help to him. His viral load is under 50, nearly undetectable and his cd4 count is 363 (he just went last week) and he's been positive (as far as we know) for 5 1/2 years. I was just hoping someone out there in a similar situation (a pos and a neg) would be wiling to be a buddy of sorts. I mean, I know, proper condom usage and of course would always do that, but there's so much to think about. Either way, I don't think I ever realized how deeply I did care about him until he told me this and I want to do everything I can to be there. Not too many but myself knows. I do love this man. Okay, sorry for the excessive rambling but I'm trying to educate myself the best I can.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Dating an HIV positive man Thinking 09/26/06 08:12 PM
. * Re: Dating an HIV positive man Anonymous   10/01/06 03:07 PM
. * Re: Dating an HIV positive man Anonymous   10/05/06 07:56 AM
. * Re: Dating an HIV positive man Anonymous   10/01/06 04:20 AM
. * Re: Dating an HIV positive man Anonymous   10/01/06 03:14 PM
. * Re: Dating an HIV positive man Anonymous   10/05/06 07:46 AM
. * Re: Dating an HIV positive man Anonymous   10/05/06 09:38 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5583

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement