The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

shanniep
Unregistered

My sister is HIV+ and has shingles
      09/04/06 03:41 PM

I was just wondering if anyone had experience with HIV and shingles. She's been fighting the shingles now for about 5 months and they'll just start to go away and then come back again. She was very thin for a while, but looked really good and had gained about 20 pounds when I saw her at my grandfather's funeral. I love her so much but I am so scared the stress of not telling her children (my niece is 11 and nephew is 4) nor anyone else except her husband, myself and our parents is eating her up. She doesn't want to risk other's finding out and her family being shunned by the community. I live in Florida and she is Washington State and wish there was some way I could help her and the family. I found local organizations, but she refuses to contact them. I just pray a lot and leave messages on her phone that I love her, am thinking of her and am here for her. She has been distant for several years now, even though she just finally admitted to being positive. She says she does not want to make HIV her life, but I know how stressed she is and it it scares me. She is also worried my 4 yr old nephew is HIV positive; wouldn't that show up right away? I feel like the stress may end her life prematurely. Any advice on any of this would be appreciated. Also, where can my parents turn for help/counseling/education if she doesn't want anyone to know. This is taking quite a toll on their life as well. Thank you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My sister is HIV+ and has shingles shanniep 09/04/06 03:41 PM
. * Re: My sister is HIV+ and has shingles Anonymous   01/22/07 03:23 PM
. * Re: My sister is HIV+ and has shingles Anonymous   09/07/06 04:38 PM
. * Re: My sister is HIV+ and has shingles Anonymous   09/07/06 09:21 PM
. * Re: My sister is HIV+ and has shingles Anonymous   09/04/06 04:48 PM
. * Re: My sister is HIV+ and has shingles Anonymous   09/07/06 09:18 PM
. * Re: My sister is HIV+ and has shingles Anonymous   09/08/06 03:44 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11202

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement