Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Nina

Reged: 07/31/06
Online Study: Your views
      08/11/06 07:13 AM

Dear bulletin board members,
My name is Nina Rwomushana Otim. I am carrying out a research project as part of a Master’s in Health Informatics at University College London, UK. The project is looking at the use of online support groups for people affected by HIV and AIDS from the users’ points of view.

I am hereby inviting anyone who is interested to take part in the study. Should you wish to participate you would provide a wide range of very rich views on online support groups for HIV/AIDS.

I have pasted a copy of the questionnaire which you can copy off, complete and e-mail back to me at the address included. Alternatively, you can e-mail me on onlinestudy-nro@chime.ucl.ac.uk and I will send you a copy of the questionnaire in Ms Word format.

All data collected for this study will be confidential and used in an anonymous fashion. We will not retain any information that can identify anyone who takes part. The information give to us will be used for the purposes of research only. The data will be collected and stored in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and will be disposed of in a secure manner. This study has been approved by University College London’s Research Ethics Commmittee.

Further information about the research can be seen at http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/resources/onlinestudy-nro/

Participants need to be 18 years and over to take part.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Nina Rwomushana Otim

Questionnaire

Online Support Groups for HIV/AIDS

My name is Nina Rwomushana Otim. I am carrying out a research project as part of a Master’s in Health Informatics at University College London, UK. The project is looking at the use of online support groups for people affected by HIV and AIDS from the users’ points of view.

Taking part is voluntary and by returning the questionnaire, you consent to taking part. You can withdraw from taking part at any time without any consequences. If you do decide to take part in the study, please indicate at the end of the questionnaire whether you would like the information you have given to be used for research purposes.

All data collected for this study will be confidential and used in an anonymous fashion. We will not retain any information that can identify anyone who takes part. The information you give us will be used for the purposes of research only. The data will be collected and stored in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and will be disposed of in a secure manner. This study has been approved by University College London’s Research Ethics Commmittee.

Further information about the research can be seen at http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/resources/onlinestudy-nro/

Participants need to be 18 years and over to take part.

If you consent to take part in this study, please e-mail the completed questionnaire to onlinestudy-nro@chime.ucl.ac.uk

QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU

In what country do you live?

Are you male or female?

What is your year of birth?

How have you been affected by HIV/AIDS?
I am living with HIV/AIDS

Someone close to me has/had HIV/AIDS

I work with HIV positive people

Other… (please specify)

For those living with HIV/AIDS: When were you first diagnosed as being HIV positive?
For relatives and carers: When was the individual close to you first diagnosed as being HIV positive?

QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR VIEWS ON THE Body Bulletin Board.

Please select the answer which best describes your view and add any comments as you wish.

To what extent do you view the mailing list as being supportive?
not at all / a little / moderately / very / extremely

In what way? Please add any comments you wish…

Has being on the mailing list influenced the way you think about your condition or the condition of someone close to you?

If you are living with HIV/AIDS: Has being on the mailing list changed the way you manage your life?
For relatives/carers/friends: Has being on the mailing list changed the way you deal with someone close to you?

Do you get any kind of support from any other place other than this mailing list?

How important is it to you that the mailing list is specifically for people infected with or affected by HIV?

Do you participate in any face-to-face HIV/AIDS support groups? Yes / No

In your view, what are the advantages or disadvantages of the mailing list over other sources of support?

How easy do you find it to talk about concerns on the list (compared to face to face)?
much harder on the list / slightly harder on the list / about the same / slightly easier on the list / much easier on the list

What has been the most helpful aspect of the mailing list?

What has been the least helpful aspect of the mailing list?

Has the mailing list been helpful or unhelpful in any other ways?

When did you join this mailing list?

How often do you read this mailing list?
several times a day / once or twice a day / once or a few times per week / once or twice a month / less than once a month / never

How often do you post to this mailing list?
several times a day / once or twice a day / once or a few times per week / once or twice a month / less than once a month / never

QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR USE OF THE INTERNET

Where do you access the online support group?
home / work/ both / other location (please elaborate)

Do you have any particular reason for accessing the group where you do?

Do you participate in any other mailing lists or other online groups (like Web forums, chat rooms, Usenet) about HIV/AIDS? Yes / No

When did you first join such a list?

Have you ever left or dropped out of an e-mail self-help group? If so, please explain why.

Can I use short quotes from your responses in a research report? (The quotes would be used anonymously.) Yes / No

Please add any other thoughts or feelings about the mailing list or this research.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

Please e-mail the completed questionnaire to onlinestudy-nro@chime.ucl.ac.uk

The results of this study will be included on the college website at http://www.chime.ucl.ac.uk/resources/onlinestudy-nro/ for you to view.

If you have any further questions about this research, please contact Nina at onlinestudy@chime.ucl.ac.uk or the project supervisor, Dr Henry Potts, CHIME, Royal Free & University College Medical School, Archway Campus, Highgate Hill, London N19 5LW, tel: +44 (0)20 7288 3383; e-mail: h.potts@chime.ucl.ac.uk

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Online Study: Your views Nina 08/11/06 07:13 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2104

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement