The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Anonymous
Unregistered

My aunt has aids and it's still a big secret
      08/04/06 01:47 PM

I hope someone out there can help me or maybe just listen and give me some good advise...my aunt who is my mom's step-sis and i love her like she's my older sis, just found out that she has full blown aids. Only my mom and I know, but was diagnosed w/HIV about 15yrs ago. My mom just told me 2 days ago, that my aunt was not getting treatment, not taking medications and now she is losing her eye sight! My mom thinks we should keep her secret, but I don't know what they are thinking...I know they are old school, but i don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. I know she would hate my mom for telling me or anyone, but I can't not want to help or be there or I don't know...she has a son who's 30 he doesn't know, and she's at the end stages of adopting a lil girl who's not 2yrs old yet. I think about them and wonder why? She's getting sores on her legs and losing her eyesight...what's next? Thanks everyone for letting me vent. I don't know what to do!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My aunt has aids and it's still a big secret Anonymous 08/04/06 01:47 PM
. * Re: My aunt has aids and it's still a big secret Anonymous   08/11/06 05:33 PM
. * Re: My aunt has aids and it's still a big secret LUVmyHIVposGIRL   08/05/06 09:41 PM
. * Re: My aunt has aids and it's still a big secret Anonymous   08/06/06 10:27 AM
. * Re: My aunt has aids and it's still a big secret LUVmyHIVposGIRL   08/06/06 01:21 PM
. * Re: My aunt has aids and it's still a big secret Anonymous   08/05/06 08:44 AM
. * Re: My aunt has aids and it's still a big secret Anonymous   08/08/06 01:07 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6069

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement