The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Anonymous
Unregistered

HIV and MRSA I need info.
      08/03/06 12:34 PM

My daughter is HIV positive. Last year she gave birth to a healthy little girl. I was there for the birth and went into the delivery room. She soon became sick with MRSA. It was a C-section birth and the staph infection developed. I went to be by her side and stayed for 5 days with her in the hospital. I ended up bringing the baby home with me and adopted her and my daughter followed.We spend alot of time to gether.
I began spitting up blood about 8 mos. after I got back home. After many tests; I was told I had an infection in my lungs called MRSA. I took my antibiodics and the blood stopped. She recently came down with the communal type of MRSA. I'm spitting up again; but no blood. I'm waiting for the results of my spudom test.
I have many questions. I live in a rural area and health care workers are not experienced in these matters.
My daughter seems to pick up every germ and bacteria that's around. I'm not afraid of caughting the HIV it's these infection and viruses that she gets. I worry about my health and the babie's and the rest of the family.
My daughter is a very social person and goes to public places every day. She is educated and has been taught how to protect her self from getting sick.
I have also started getting cold sores on my lips for the first time in my life. My daughter gets them too.
She has a lot of contact with the baby when she visits. And it is starting to scare me. HELP!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* HIV and MRSA I need info. Anonymous 08/03/06 12:34 PM
. * Re: HIV and MRSA I need info. Bear60   08/03/06 08:38 PM
. * Re: HIV and MRSA I need info. LUVmyHIVposGIRL   08/03/06 02:12 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4059

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement