The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

motherinlaw

Reged: 06/12/06
I am angry (long)
      07/29/06 11:34 AM

I have posted here before and everyone has been very supportive. I know that how I am feeling is probably natural, but I need to vent. My -son just called to tell me (they live in Virginia, I live in California) his wife and mother of his 3 children (young children) probably only has a month to live. She is not eating and they cannot even find a vein to take her levels or to feed her intravenously. She is being visited by hospice workers while living at her mother's house. My son is in the Army National guard as a recruiter and cannot stay home.
Some of you may recall that he had checked her into the hospital and she checked herself out two days later.
This is a girl (26) who virtually from the outset has not taken her diagnosis seriously. By this I mean, continued to smoke, had two children, did not take her meds and did not fight against the disease. She, I believe from her background, had very low self esteem and from the time she was diagnosed felt "diseased" and doomed. As much as my son tried to get her to be more realistic and deal with the situation she behaved a) like it wasn't real and on the flip side b) like she deserved to die.
Now my son and my three grandchildren will have to deal with the pain of her death...so, yes I am angry.
All I can do is be as available as I can be for my son...I have recommended counselling for him and the children. They will all need it.
Does anyone have anything to add to this...and thank you for letting me vent.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* I am angry (long) motherinlaw 07/29/06 11:34 AM
. * Re: I am angry (long) Anonymous   07/30/06 10:33 PM
. * Re: I am angry (long) motherinlaw   08/02/06 10:05 AM
. * Re: I am angry (long) Choosing2Liv   08/02/06 01:21 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4059

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement