The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Anonymous
Unregistered

in love with a hiv+ woman
      07/10/06 10:51 AM

This is the first time i have posted on this site, but i have read quite a few posts and have found them extremely helpful in understanding. I am madly in love with and have been in a relationship for about 10 months with a woman who has HIV . (She was diagnosed about a year and a half). Though she did not tell me that she was + until after we had had sex several times(protected), my feelings for her did not change once she told me. i love her more than ever and it has been extremely difficult because i cant discuss it with anyone (though we have discussed it together)as i know that the commom perception would be -are you insane! to say i am not scared would be a lie, but it is not dying i am afraid of, people die everyday and i have just as likely a chance of getting hit by a car while crossing the road here (i dont live in the states) as anything else. what scares me is the not knowing. But i am still fully commited to her and us. am i feaking nuts? i dont think i am. sorry that i am rambling a bit. another issue which is important is that she might want to have a child. i think that this is not necessarily something that will happen but people have told here that with meds it is 99% that the child will be find. i personally think that this is just not right, as no one has the right to possibly subject someone else to this disease. consenting adults is one thing, but what right do we have to bring a child into this world who may or may not be positive and will lose one or both of their parents before they are 15 in all likeleyhood? i just dont know. i am just looking for some input or thoughts as i dont have anyone to talk to about this . thank you for whatever you give.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* in love with a hiv+ woman Anonymous 07/10/06 10:51 AM
. * Re: in love with a hiv+ woman pozchick1   10/24/07 11:55 PM
. * Re: in love with a hiv+ woman Bear60   07/11/06 09:53 AM
. * Re: in love with a hiv+ woman Anonymous   07/10/06 11:09 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4381

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement