Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

shannon

Reged: 04/01/06
Loc: Illinois/Washington, D.C.
Just Checking In
      07/09/06 10:55 PM

Hi ya'll. I thought I'd pop in and say hi.

David is doing pretty well these days. He's been on Pegesys for 6 weeks and his experience has been okay. He takes it on Sunday nights and feels pretty tired, grouchy and depressed for much of Monday. He usually needs a nap after lunch. On Tuesday he has the same symptoms but a little lighter--he usually doesn't nap. By Wednesday, he's his old self, for the most part. We are hoping it doesn't get any worse than that, since he has another 10 months left to take it (bleagh!).

He started the HIV meds (Truvada and Efavirenz) about two weeks ago. He programmed his phone to remind him of the schedule and he carries one of those weekly pill boxes in his backpack so he will always have them. He's doing well on the schedule. So far, they've given him a little stomach upset and some reduced appetite, but he still eats or drinks whatever I hand him, whether he wants it or not. He has pretty bad dry mouth--anybody know a good tip for dealing with that?

He doesn't have labs again for a couple of weeks, but I'll post his numbers when we get the new ones.

Does anyone know a good place to go on the web for positive internet dating? There's one called positive singles that isn't working all that well. And we're having a heck of a time uploading a photo on PlanetOut (which pretty much sucks anyway!)

xox,

Shannon

--------------------
"All that you have is your soul."
Tracy Chapman

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Just Checking In shannon 07/09/06 10:55 PM
. * Re: Just Checking In Bear60   07/10/06 07:57 AM
. * Re: Just Checking In shannon   07/10/06 02:02 PM
. * Re: Just Checking In Bear60   07/11/06 09:44 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3861

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement