Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

motherinlaw

Reged: 06/12/06
Thanks for your support and any more advice?
      07/04/06 10:57 AM

I want to thank everyone for their support and help. I posted this in response to my own previous posting and felt it might have gotten lost in the shuffle and so am reposting.

I have just spoken to my son again. He was finally able to convince his wife to go to the hospital. She was there a day and a half and wanted to check herself out to go home to "spend her last days" with the kids.
Contrary to what one poster said, my son is beyond frustrated and angry with this decision. He knows she can live and has tried everything to convince her to do what needs to be done. At the time he called me he was still trying to keep her in the hospital. His frustration is partly based on the fact that he can not convince her to do anything and short of staying home from work (which they can certainly not afford) he cannot be there to monitor her meds. I don't know where this will lead, but she is going to go stay with her mother who will "nag" her to take her meds. This does not seem lke a long term solution unless she intends to stay with her mother.
The doctors strongly advised her to stay in the hospital. She is so anemic they can't draw blood and she was getting transfusions. My son is supposed to call again today to give me an update.
In my opinion she has made a choice; between living and dying she has chosen to die, leaving three small children (2 to 10) to live without their mother. This goes beyond depression, this stems from her family (including her mother) who is has undoubtedly made her feel "dirty" and of no value. This image would not be supported by my son.
I appreciate anything you can add that I can give to my son to help him through this painful time. Thanks,
Mother-in-law

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Thanks for your support and any more advice? motherinlaw 07/04/06 10:57 AM
. * Re: Thanks for your support and any more advice? Anonymous   07/05/06 09:53 AM
. * Re: Thanks for your support and any more advice? Anonymous   07/05/06 09:44 AM
. * Re: Thanks for your support and any more advice? Anonymous   07/05/06 09:36 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4881

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement