Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure
      07/01/06 12:39 PM

Damn. I have two brothers and we never have had such indepth conversations about our sex lives. They also leave me alone to make my own decisions about how to handle my own illness. After all, what I do is not any of their business.

Should he disclose. Sure he should. The fact he hasn't already probably will be a deal breaker with she does find out. It's a matter of trust and she will never trust him after she finds out. I know he is justifing this in his mind because he is using condoms, but the point is that he took her choice away. She won't forgive him for that. He should have told her sooner, but I understand the fear of disclosure. The fear of rejection. Pretty human emotions HIV+ or -.

Oh, and the oral that you grilled him about. Long term studies of serodiscordant couples have shown that unprotected oral sex with PROTECTED intercourse has never lead to infection of the HIV negative partner.

Is it up to you to inject yourself in the middle of all this. No it isn't. Disclosure is up to the person that is HIV+, not for some third party to do, no matter how well meaning they see their role.

Mass. is right. It is up to EVERYONE to PROTECT their own health. It's called personal responsiblity. That should be stressed more than prosecution of people with HIV. We are too quick to want to blame others for our own stupid decisions. She's a grown up. She should know protection should always be used until two people decide to have a monogomous relationship and get tested together for ALL STDs. It's her responsiblity to know this. The fact she was married for 20 years and now is out on the dating scene is no excuse.

It's great you support your brother, but let him manage his own life. If you really want to be support, then get him to see his doctor. With his CD4 at 350 and viral load where it is he should be on meds. The CDC recommendation is CD4 <= 350 or a viral load > 35K. Encourage him to discuss this with his doctor.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure Anonymous 07/01/06 08:18 AM
. * Re: Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure SA_Intellect   07/17/06 04:14 PM
. * Re: Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure Anonymous   07/01/06 12:39 PM
. * Re: Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure Anonymous   07/01/06 10:31 PM
. * Re: Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure Anonymous   07/02/06 09:44 PM
. * Re: Brothre w/ HIV and disclosure Survivor   07/01/06 10:54 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4983

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement