Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

shannon

Reged: 04/01/06
Loc: Illinois/Washington, D.C.
Update
      04/19/06 12:27 AM

Well, things are going well around here. We just bought the condo unit next to ours and our + friend is moving in next month. Speaking of cats (you brought that up below), ours, in fact, will be living with him, since I'm allergic and it's really been hard to keep things cat-free for me in our place. He loves cats and will lose one when he leaves his current housing situation, so everyone's looking forward to the new arrangement.

I have done a lot more reading and am not worried about germs anymore (thanks for the helpful reassurance right away on that!). My friend is actually stepping up his childcare for my family so he can reduce his manual labor elsewhere. We are all anxiously awaiting a second baby (through adoption).

We still don't have his initial numbers yet, but his labwork was today and his first dr. appt is in 2 weeks. He is very hooked in with the local services for folks with no insurance (good program here) and everyone he's talked to so far says he seems pretty healthy so we are hoping for the best--no meds for a long time!

I just wanted to update ya'll since you have been so kind to respond to my concerns.

shannon

Aside to people who've expressed worry about their children living with a positive person:

I can't make you stop worrying but I'll tell you that I have no concerns whatever about my daughter being in her positive nanny's care. I was initially concerned that she would be bad for him, but never the other way around. It just isn't a serious risk. The benefits they give each other far outweigh any drawbacks!

--------------------
"All that you have is your soul."
Tracy Chapman

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Update shannon 04/19/06 12:27 AM
. * Re: Update ItsFaith   04/21/06 08:42 AM
. * Re: Update Bear60   04/19/06 08:34 AM
. * Post deleted by Becky AIDS2HIV   04/19/06 09:31 AM
. * Re: Update Brandy   04/19/06 03:30 PM
. * Re: Update MiamiLat   04/19/06 01:47 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5276

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement