The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

charlie30

Reged: 10/03/05
ONE YEAR ON
      03/26/06 04:52 PM

My story starts 3years ago when i met the man of my dreams. We started going out and i fell in love within a few weeks. Almost 1year into the relationship we talked about getting married and starting a family. Then everything changed, my b.friend became ill and was taken into hospital for 4weeks. The day he came home everything changed, he became distant andstarted useing condoms every time we had sex(i was on pill and never did before). After 3months he sat me down and said"i have hiv", i guess i dont need to tell you how i felt. He told me i had to be teasted, he had been told the day he left hospital and had not told me as he knew about the window period and did not want to put me through the wait. The next day i got teasted and could not beleve i was neg. We had been having unprotected sex for almost a year. Anyway from that day i knew i loved him more than anything and that i was not going to let this thing called hiv stop us having the life we both wanted. So the next day we moved in together and 6months latter we got married. The only thing left was the family we wanted, so we took a year looking into our options and the only one we had was for him to go in meds, bring his vload down to undetectable, have unprotected sex and do alot of praying. We did this under the close suppervision of a wonderfull doctor and we got pregnant. However i misscarried 8weeks in, we were devastated. So we tryed again and i'm glad to say that 8weeks ago i gave birth to a healthy baby boy and both he and i are still neg. I truly feel blessed.
The reason for my post is that i found this site a year ago and posted looking for help in having a family with my husband and most of the advice i got was not to do it. This i totaly understand, but i want to give other women hope, that you can have a normal life (what ever that is) and to never give up on your dreams.

Love to you all. xx

P.S Can anyone tell me if debtex is ok, she was my strength through the past year. I have not heard from her in a few weeks, i'm praying she is ok.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* ONE YEAR ON charlie30 03/26/06 04:52 PM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON northbayman2006   04/15/06 02:23 PM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON Minerva   04/07/06 11:48 AM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON charlie30   04/02/06 03:41 PM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON debtex   04/04/06 09:35 PM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON waterspot   03/31/06 04:58 AM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON debtex   03/30/06 04:35 PM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON debtex   03/30/06 04:35 PM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON ny10001   03/27/06 04:33 PM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON franfrog   03/27/06 07:12 PM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON ny10001   03/28/06 03:23 PM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON franfrog   03/28/06 08:47 PM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON ny10001   03/28/06 09:38 PM
. * Re: ONE YEAR ON Anonymous   03/26/06 05:57 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9818

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement