Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Anonmous
Unregistered

Everyone Should be Tested
      02/21/06 02:15 PM

My roomate had been acting weird his behavior seeing things on the wall, getting paranoid, his eyesight declining. all these things finally had to call 911. for a ambulance for him as i could not take it anymore. Nor, could hospital e.r. visits in the past tell us what was wrong with this health.
He was my lover for the past 5 years we lived together we just made better roomates than we did lovers-it continues.
Hospital stay included an Aids/HIv test and was a positive test.
He had Aids.
The saying goes "this cannot happen to me or people I know?" Wrong it can and did. I tested positive for hiv and on currently on meds it really can change your life.
You just never know I feel great and look fine show no signs of being infected. my count is 223. all other blood work done is fine. My doctor gave me the choice of taking medication and my choice was to start medication so have been on meds for about a week.
Being close to my family Right now I cannot bring myself to tell all my sisters, and my brother. They do know Iam gay. Especially telling my parents who are in their late 70s I think would be too stressful for them.
With medication, hospital visits and lots of help from his brother his condition from 3 months ago has greatly improved.
However, he is not the same person he has changed. He really is lucky to be alive. His family was surprised that I still want him in my life sharing a place with him. He no doubt is my best friend how could I ever just leave him. We support one another Our freindship has always been strong this has made it stronger.
sure I am not the only person who is in this situation and certainly will not be the last.
This site is an excellent !

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Everyone Should be Tested Anonmous 02/21/06 02:15 PM
. * Re: Everyone Should be Tested Survivor   02/21/06 08:27 PM
. * Re: Everyone Should be Tested Bear60   02/21/06 04:59 PM
. * Re: Everyone Should be Tested ItsFaith   02/21/06 02:38 PM
. * Re: Everyone Should be Tested Brandy   02/21/06 02:33 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3919

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement