The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Anonymous
Unregistered

My dad has AIDS i need some help
      01/27/06 12:24 AM

Well its a long story to begin with, I am 18 years old (male) my mom died of breast cancer when I was 10 years old. Because my dad couldn't raise me by himself i came to USA after 2 years my mom past away. I had a lot of relatives lives here in US so I was living at my aunt's house at the time and going to school and having a faily good time with new environment althought there were times I really missed my dad back home.

After Few years of staying in US i got a call from my country that my dad is found really sick and coming here to US to get treatments I had no idea what he was sick with , I was just so worried, When i went to Airport to see my dad i couldnt believe it was dad he was very veryskinny and looked awful . After few months of staying with my dad I just thought that whatever diease he had it would get better with some medication he was taking everyday.

One day when he was away I looked at his little bag had a prescription and some medication. When I looked at the paper I was shocked to found out that he has AIDS. Since then I had to go through a hardest time of my life, i couldnt concentrate on school i didnt want to hang out with my friends my life just seemed miserable but I slowly gotten better and i was actually back to normal after an year.
So I was having a good time with my dad we would go somewhere for a trip and play sports together it was just normal sun and a dad thing. But something has gone wrong with me towards end of last year. I developed this wierd symtoms such as I cant talk straight face to my dad fearing that his spit might get into me even though i know for a fact that you can't get HIV that way, Im even scared to go in a crowd place also fearing that i might get contact with someone and get HIV, I used to be a good soccer player but i dont even play anymore cause im afraid to get in contact with some people thinking that they might be bleeding somewhere and get into my open cut somewhere, IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY i am so sick and tired of living like this.
But most importantly i worry about relationship between me and my dad, cause i keep try to avoid him i dont even want to sit next to him anymore, and eating DEFINITE NO

I feel so sorry for my dad for acting this way i dont think he has found out my problems yet cause i used to be just normal with him just last year.
I would freak out for just about everything that is red, thinkhing that that might be blood and somehow get into my body, I cant even go to any stores without wearing gloves because i dont want to have any hand contact at all when you exchange cash with cashier This has gone totally crazy and i dont know what to do i did get a chance to talk to one of counselor but that didnt help me at all, i dont know how I am going to live rest of my life feeling this way towards my dad and other people around me.
please help
im living a miserble life

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My dad has AIDS i need some help Anonymous 01/27/06 12:24 AM
. * Re: My dad has AIDS i need some help peekiemomma   02/13/06 10:58 PM
. * Re: My dad has AIDS i need some help Anonymous   02/10/06 10:49 AM
. * Re: My dad has AIDS i need some help Anonymous   02/07/06 04:47 AM
. * Re: My dad has AIDS i need some help Anonymous   01/30/06 07:39 AM
. * Re: My dad has AIDS i need some help becks555   01/30/06 10:41 PM
. * Re: My dad has AIDS i need some help Monchhichi   01/27/06 12:29 PM
. * Re: My dad has AIDS i need some help Survivor   01/27/06 01:04 AM
. * Re: My dad has AIDS i need some help AIDS2HIV   01/27/06 12:12 PM
. * Re: My dad has AIDS i need some help DavidSolomon   02/20/06 10:40 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7337

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement