Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Nat

Reged: 12/07/05
Loc: Channel Isles, UK
My Fg's wonderful partner
      12/07/05 09:28 AM

First I shall explain what Fg stands for - Fairy Godfather. Fg is a man who has shown me nothing but kindness in a world where up until recently I felt lost and alone. He got engaged to a wonderful man about six months ago. P as I shall call him had been diagnosed as HIV+ eleven years before he met Fg, and Fg went into the relationship knowing what was ahead. They both cared so much as to tell me and not hide things from me. The first conversation I ever had with P was about his diagnosis. He told me he wanted me to find out from him and not the gossip tree that seems to be our small island's lifeline.

The thing is two weeks ago P had confirmation from the doctor that our fears had come true and the reason he's been so sick recently is that his HIV has developed into full blown AIDS. I know that he still has a long while in front of him and he's taking his meds, but the thing is I'm scared. I won't deny it. I've never known anyone else who's had this diagnosis and as much as I don't show them I'm scared, the fear is there.

I promised them a while ago that I would be the surrogate mother for their kids if they decide to have one, and that hasn't changed, but there's a part of me that doesn't know if it's fair to bring a child into the world if one of the it's parents has AIDS. It's an irrational fear in a way, because I know that P can still live a fairly normal life for many years to come, but I just can't help myself.

Am I being totally insane? Is there anyone who can understand where I'm coming from out there? I cant face having this conversation with them right now.

--------------------
To see a world in a grain of sand

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* My Fg's wonderful partner Nat 12/07/05 09:28 AM
. * Re: My Fg's wonderful partner Jenni   12/10/05 10:53 AM
. * Re: My Fg's wonderful partner Nat   12/10/05 06:00 PM
. * Re: My Fg's wonderful partner jenn   12/15/05 10:08 PM
. * Re: My Fg's wonderful partner Nat   12/19/05 01:28 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4106

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement