Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

thomas22
Unregistered

New ways of transmission between partners?
      12/01/05 08:32 AM

I hope this post doesn't come off as juvinile.
I am in a situation that I am sure many of you are in. My partner is positive and I am currently negative. I am rather comitted to staying negative though I am more committed to my life with the man I love. With all of this talk in the news about bedbugs lately, I got curious and did some quick research.
I found that these bedbugs prey exclusively on human blood and actually, it seems they are perfectly designed for vector transmission of various diseases. The research shows that they have never been shown to transmit, however. It also seems that the main reason they have not been transmitting blood bourne is that after they draw your blood, they retire to rest or hybernate for a week or more during which time the disease agents outside of the human body die.
Because bedbugs have not been a huge problem in recent years, not much has been considered in my opinion of the possibility of transmission between people who sleep together of a number of diseases. Hepatitis B seems like a perfect disease for this bug to pick up from a person and pass to the partner by biting before its hybernation period in the night. Hepatitis C might fit this as well as far as I can tell. Why not HIV or other serious infections?
Isnt this something we should be watching?

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* New ways of transmission between partners? thomas22 12/01/05 08:32 AM
. * Re: New ways of transmission between partners? debtex   12/01/05 04:23 PM
. * Re: New ways of transmission between partners? ny10001   12/01/05 01:11 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3920

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement